Sunday, April 1, 2012

Things to remember :)

I just wanted to a little update on the cute things and stages Jax is into right now at 2 years and 8 months that don't fit into my catch-up month categories! I have been so horrible at both journaling and blogging, so I am going to try to be better from now on out, just for my own benefit! And hopefully will be better once the baby comes and stick with it instead of fading away from it like I did when Jax got older!
---His new favorite songs are "Wise Man, Foolish Man", "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home", and "I Hope they call me on a mission." And of course we still have the usual… Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater, Mary had a little lamb, and Book of Mormon Stories. Along with all these songs we have to sing a hundred times a day, he is so into singing by himself and humming! The humming really tries my patience, because I hate when people hum! He hums loudly and ALL DAY LONG! It is growing on me, and I have gotten used to it but its been solid now for about a month!

---The other day I had the timer set for something on the oven, and it started beeping. He was in the kitchen and yelled "Mom! The clock is clocking!"

---He has recently (this week) decided that he can hold his "parts" when going potty now….oh boy! Usually someone helps with his "aim" but not anymore! I just decided to let go of trying to keep things clean one day and let him do it all day long! It is something he has got to learn eventually right!? Well he was in there one day without my knowledge, and when I realized he was in there I also realized he was way too quiet. I go in, and there he stands naked bummed, with his head tilted looking at a about a half of roll of toilet paper on the floor next to the toilet. He turns, see me, and says "Ummm… Mom, I just dribbled a little bit." I lift up the toilet to see it was completely fresh water…I then peek under the toilet paper to see a whole large puddle of pee. He then says " Uh I just got a little on that thing on the bathtub mom (shower curtain)." Sure enough, there was most definitely pee dripping all down my shower curtain! How, oh how, do boys manage to get so completely sidetracked while peeing that they forget they are peeing and it should go in the toilet! Sheesh! Oh well, at least he wants to be independent right?! He has also done great at night and naps since his new found independence. He hasn't had an accident once in about 2 weeks. Yay!
---He loves to go the bathroom outside! Everytime he is out he goes both potty-types and loves it. He gets so proud of himself!

---He always tells people, myself, says it in his prayers...that baby sister is swimming in mommy's tummy. He came up with it all on his own, and has never forgotten his little idea. He blesses that she can swim safe, and have fun, and that she can swim till she is bigger. Isn't that too cute!

---Tonight at dinner he was chewing his pizza and was thinking really hard. I let him think, knowing that some great comment was coming, and sure enough! He says to me, "Mom, see my pizza I eating? It goes in this hole (sticks his finger in his mouth to the back of his throat gagging himself) and then the whole makes it go in my tummy! Cool huh mom!" At least I know he is paying attention to what I tell him, becuase the other day I told him when I eat it makes baby sister's tummy full and her happy becuase that's where food goes when we eat...in our tummy! But he came up with the "hole" part all in his own little head :)

And here are some pictures as of lately...





No comments: