Sunday, April 1, 2012

March and Hand Foot Mouth

Jax felt the baby kicking one night and it was cute. I told him to put his hand on my tummy to feel baby sister and he was looking at me like I was a crazy person! As BAAM, she kicked him hard and like 6 in a row…his face was priceless! He was shocked, amazed, smiling, and confused all at once! After each kick he would giggle at the top of his lungs…it was so precious! And now he thinks he needs to feel her kick all day long! And always in public, where he also thinks he need to lift my shirt to feel….
Jax woke up last Saturday morning, and was so irritable. I wondered if it was just a bad day, but as we were eating breakfast and getting up and ready I kissed his forehead, and holy FEVER. I checked his temperature and it was at about 100.3. I found some Tylenol and gave it to him, and before long I started noticing it wasn’t helping at all, and that he had some weird spots by his lips and in the inside of his elbows. Amy's kids had all had Hand Foot Mouth disease within the past couple weeks, so I instantly started freaking out that he was getting it. By then middle of the afternoon his temp went up to high 101's and stayed there the entire day and night. Also, the spots got bigger. Finally I got him to sleep at night and hoped he would wake up all better in the morning. Well that next morning I flipped on the light, and to my surprise….he was plastered in big red sores all over not only his lips and around them, but his chin his arms, wrists, behind his knees, and in his little butt crack! Oh brother….it was most definitely Hand Foot Mouth! He wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink, and was just plain grumpy all day! All he wanted to do was watch Toy Story on the couch all day, so that’s what we did! By the end of the afternoon his rash had doubled and he was looking awful!

Again, the next morning we woke up and things were worse! How is that even possible!?! I called and got him in to the Pediatrician Monday, and it was most definitely HFM. She told me it was a severe case of it, but that’s all it was. There is no cream, no medicine, no nothing they can do! You just have to wait it out. But as long as there is still spots or sores on his body, he is contagious. Again, by then end of the day he was worse. It was all over his whole body. On Tuesday, it spread even further and was  now inside his mouth on his tongue, throat, cheeks, and covered his ears. Poor little guy was just miserable, and it itches! Like crazy! So he would scratch it so hard then he would bleed, and then hurt even worse. I hated seeing him so miserable! I finally started to see slight improvement by about Thursday afternoon, but not much, and Friday was even a little better. It's now Sunday and we still have our hands covered, and inside of elbows, back of knees, and face is still spotty and dry and sore. It has been a week and a day, and still very visibly have the rash/disease still, huge improvement but still there. So frustrating! Hopefully the next couple days he will clear up completely, and look normal again!
WARNING: these pictures are awful!









No comments: