Sunday, October 7, 2012

Aizlee Mae Gilmore


Aizlee Mae Gilmore
June 5, 2012
7lbs 5oz. 19.5 in long
 
We headed to the hospital bright and early Tuesday morning for  my induction! I got there and went to check in, where I was told that I couldn’t be admitted for another hour, and that I was told the wrong time. Like we weren't nervous enough, then we just had to sit and wait an hour before they even started paperwork and getting us a room! Ugh! Once the hour was up, they took me to my room and I got all situated, while Tyler and my mom did some more waiting. Eventually, and very slowly things started going. I got my IV and the nurse started the pitocin at about 9:30. After a bit I was starting to have some light contractions, but nothing too terrible. The nurse came in at about 10:45 and asked if I was ready for my epidural. I thought to myself, why not! I wasn’t having much pain yet, but if they said I could have it and skip feeling any hard contraction I may as well do it! The anesthesiologist came in to do it and boy was it an interesting experience….AGAIN! With Jaxson they struggled getting it in well, due to  my scolisis, and in the end I only ended up being numb on one side. This doctor got it in well, but it hurt like crap! She kept having to adjust it and it literally was the worst pains I have ever had in my entire life! At this point, one of the nurses looks over at Tyler and asks him if he is alright. I look up and he is literally a pale green color and acting funny….at that point he says he didn’t feel well and was dizzy! He sat down and took a little breather, apparently the pain I was in and watching the needle and everything made him a bit queasy!

After I was all numb and feeling quite well we waited, and waited, and waited some more for Dr. Housel to come and finally check in and see how things were going. He got there at about 1:00 and broke my water. At 1:55 I could tell it was time, so I had the nurse check me, and sure enough it was time! Problem was, Dr. Housel was in surgery at the other hospital….and still had about 20-30 minutes left in the surgery and then had travel time to get to me. PANIC! The nurse stayed right by side, other nurses were setting everything up, and we all were hoping and praying that Housel would HURRY! I tried with all my might to not push and just to keep her in….and at about 2:50 Housel ran into my room ready to deliver. Aizlee Mae Gilmore was born at 3:01pm, weighing in at 7lbs 5oz, and 19.5in long. She had strawberry blond hair, and looked identical to her big brother!





 You can really see her strawberry colored hair here!
 

No comments: